The LEADER application process is a two-stage process. All applications are competitive and applying does not mean you will be successful. The second stage is completion of the Full Application. If you are successful with your Outline Application, we will email you a Full Application to complete. This must be submitted no less than 4 months prior to the next panel deadline in order to be considered at the Decision Making Panel.
If your project is successful, you will be awarded a contract which you will need to sign and return before you can commence work on your project.
- The full application form asks for more details about the project, building on the information given at the outline application stage.
- The Full Application must be submitted electronically, we cannot accept hand-written applications.
- Before submitting your full application, you will need to register with the Rural Payments Agency at tel: 03000 200 301. You will be issued a 10 digit Customer Reference Number (CRN). You will then need to verify your identity using a 6 digit code which you will be emailed with a link to the GOV.UK Verify site. You will have 12 hours to do this from the time of issue. Once your identity is checked, you will be able to register online via gov.uk/ruralpayments You will be issued a Single Business Identifier (SBI) which you will need to use on your LEADER application. Applicants must still register online even if they already have an SBI issued under the previous RPA (CReg) system.
- Applications must be submitted in the approved file format – Microsoft Word compatible.
- You may request support in bringing forward your application and will be allocated a local Sponsor. The scale of the support is determined by local need and priorities and will be reviewed periodically. The Sponsor can only offer advice and discussions around key issues in the project up to submission.
- You must complete and return your full application within 4 months of receiving the forms. If you cannot meet this timescale, do not submit your Outline Application until you can. Extensions are not provided and if you do not meet the 4 month deadline your application will be rejected and you would need to resubmit an Outline Application to restart the application process.
- You will be sent an acknowledgement email on receipt of your electronic application within two working days of receipt. You will then have five working days to submit the hardcopy version of your application. If we do not receive this within the allotted timescale your application will be rejected.
- Your hardcopy application MUST be signed and dated by the applicant(s).
- You will be sent an acknowledgement email on receipt of your hardcopy application within five working days.
- If we require further information or clarification from you after you have submitted your application, you will be advised to provide the missing or additional information within ten working days. If you do not provide this, your application will be rejected as it will be considered incomplete.
- Our appraiser may also require further information which you will need to provide within ten working days, if you do not, this may adversely affect your application.
- If you wish to withdraw your application at any point, please contact us to let us know immediately.
- Should your project be successful, you will be informed after the Decision Making Panel has taken place.
- You cannot download the Full Application from the website, we will send this to you should you be successful with your Outline Application. Once you receive the Full Application forms, please go to the guidance section of this website to download the Full Application Guidance notes.
- Please submit your electronic application to email@example.com